Month: April 2014

Rhino and Tactical Squad

Finished up a Rhino to go with the tactical squad. This was a test model to see how I wanted to do the vehicles up. I’ve chosen to go with more green with black highlights, rather than the mostly black with green slashes that appear in the Badab war book.

1000 points for Zone Mortalis

I’ve finished up my 1000 point Zone Mortalis force for the Independent Characters Hobby Challenge!

Contemptor Dreadnought

I’ve finished my Contemptor Dreadnought! The model is absolutely gorgeous and goes together really well. I might add some weathering and battle damage later down the line, but I’m really pleased with it so far. I wish all of the dreadnoughts in the game were this size as they are a lot more imposing.

Little Man’s First Painted Mini

Sunday afternoon we were having a family craft day and my little boy kept wanting to “help” me paint the Mournfang Cavalry I was working on. I kept having him shake my bottles of wash which is something he likes to do while I paint, but he kept grabbing a spare brush and wanting to participate. I set aside the Mournfang and got a spare ogre model that was primed white. I then got a couple colors of wash and helped him paint his first mini! It was done all with washes and I would just point to an area with my brush and he would then paint with his. He of course went crazy a couple times as a three-year-old would, but overall did an impressive job. It actually made me think you could probably paint an entire army in a couple days using nothing but washes. The metallics might be a little difficult, but a quick drybrush could take care of those. I can’t wait for him to get a little older and get his first army to play with his dad, and I especially can’t wait for when he paints well enough for me to outsource my painting to him.



Ogre Kingdoms – Mournfang Cavalry

My first models done for the new Ogre Kingdoms fantasy army I’m building. I haven’t done the bases yet, as I’m still deciding on what exactly I want to do for that. They are painted up pretty basically, but it kind of took forever because of how large the models are and there is a suprising amount of detail. Still need to go do some more detail work, but my hope is to build the army out quickly to a tabletop standard and then go back and do some freehand and make the details pop a little more.